The Holiday season is finally here and I’m sure you are all excited to be spending time with family and friends. Preparing for these memorable times, though, can be stressful. Here are a few tips to keep your holiday season organized and stress free:
1) Skip the junk food: eat wholesome foods instead like fruits, vegetables, healthy fats such as nuts, and lean meats like fish or chicken. If you are going to eat sweets don’t over indulge yourself, take small portions.
2) Exercise: staying active is a great way to elevate your mood. Try going on a walk or simply do some at home exercises like jumping jacks and crunches.
3) Write a list of what needs to be done. This way, you can tackle one thing at a time without forgetting anything. It can also be gratifying to see your list slowly disappear as you check items off.
4) Take breaks for yourself so you can relax and have time to regroup and refocus.
5) Set realistic goals
6) Remember that the holiday times do not have to be perfect. So, don’t stress out if everything does not go the way you had planned.