If you or someone you know is struggling with depression, it’s important to seek help.
Listed below are a few resources in the Birmingham area for those affected by depression or other mental health problems:
- Support Group for those with Depression or Bipolar Disorder (Free)
- What? – This support group provides helpful information to those struggling with mental illness
- When? — Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the Month from 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- Where? — Crisis Center of Birmingham (3600 8th Ave S # 501 Birmingham, AL 35222)
- Contact – Erin Jones, 205-458-8985
- Support Group for Loved Ones of People with Depression/Bipolar Disorder (Free)
- What? — This group aims to bring together loved ones of those with depression to discuss their experiences and learn information about how to help in the healing process.
- When? – Every 2nd and 4th Friday of the Month at 10am
- Where? – Alexander Counseling Services (300 Office Park Drive Birmingham, AL 35223)
- Contact – Emily Tucker, 205-261-1417
- UAB Comprehensive Community Mental Health Center
- What? – This center provides many services including therapy, an adult day treatment program, and an evaluation program to redirect patients to proper personnel
- Where? — 908 20th Street South Birmingham, AL 35205
- Fee — Medicare and Medicaid accepted and they base fee on sliding scale if you qualify for treatment at the Mental Health Center. Financial assistance is available.
- Contact — 205-934-7008
- PsychologyToday’s Therapist Finder
- What? – This tool provides help you find therapists in your area, allowing you to sort by age, price, your problem, language, and religion.